Rant Against Dry Shampoo

Can I just ask....who came up with this joke?

Let me quickly take you through why I can't believe people buy this stuff.

Everyone these days seems to be into the craze of not washing your hair too much. Some say it should be done every other day, some every three or even four days. They say it's easy to get started. All you have to do is "train" your hair to not produce as much oil by washing it less and less during the week and your hair should be trained in about two weeks. I tried this for three months in college and, let me tell you, it did NOT work. My hair was not only very visibly oilier but I also had a lot more acne at that time because of all the grease running down my face (gross, I know).

Okay, so let's say you bought into this "don't wash your hair to much" thing like I did and you are now suffering from greasy hair. What are you supposed to do? Well, everyone who's anyone will tell you to use some dry shampoo.

Uh.....what now???


So, I'm being told not to wash my hair every day because it washes away all "the natural oils" which are good and nourishing for your hair? Then, when I have greasy, oily hair I'm supposed to use dry shampoo?

Dry shampoo, by the way, is supposed to dry up the oil in your hair so it's not greasy.

I gotta say...good job to whoever came up with that marketing stunt. They tell people it's unhealthy for their hair to wash it every day just so that they can then sell them a product that washes their hair without water.

And...if you're not washing your hair every day because you just don't want to shower....that's lazy and a little bit disgusting.

I get it. Some people are lucky and have been blessed with hair that really doesn't need to be washed every day. That's not me by any stretch of the imagination. So, if you're like me, don't try to fit in with the "in" crowd. Embrace your oily hair that needs daily washing. Find a good shampoo that doesn't dry your hair out too much and enjoy those sudsy bubbles your hair demands to experience on a daily bases. I certainly do!

Does anyone else feel the same way? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. So, what exactly makes a shampoo "dry?" Is it a powder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some you can get in powder form but it's usually a spray can. Like hair spray or spray-on deodorant, only it's for your hair and it usually smells better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts