Making Money from Home

Phew! What a month February was. I think I finally got caught up on a few things that have been piling up. One minute I was complaining about how I didn't have anything to do and then suddenly, within a few days of each other, I landed TWO JOBS.

Don't worry! I'm still a stay-at-home mother, primarily. It all started when a friend was texting me saying how she had too much to do and felt behind on everything. I jokingly told her she needed to hire a personal assistant and that I work for cheap. Just like that *finger snap* I had the job. I am now working one full day a week as a personal assistant. Of course there are a few perks: I get to bring Isabelle with me and fully provide for her needs as necessary, I get to work for and with my best friend, and I am able to help my husband pay some bills. It's not much but, hey, every little bit helps.

Just a few days later my aunt texted me saying they needed a babysitter a couple days a week for two little girls ages 4 and 5. How could I resist that!?! Not only do I get to help my aunt out, give Isabelle a couple playmates, make a few extra bucks while helping my husband out even more, but I STILL get to stay home with my daughter.

Staying home has always been my calling but, if I'm being honest, I've been looking for ways to make money from home since quitting my job in early 2018. I am an introvert by nature and, while I do enjoy being around people to some extent, I much prefer to be at home making it a place my husband and family feel comfortable and happy in; their little sanctuary.

People always say that if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life. Well, I finally feel like I'm doing just that. Now! That's not to say that all of this is easy (because it sure as heck is not easy!). Some days I just wish I could lay in bed for as long as I wish or run a quick errand without taking the whole house with me but I wouldn't change a thing. I think what people must mean by that saying is that when you're doing what you're meant to do there is this inner peace that comes along with it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts